Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What a freaking weekend.

So, I'll just get right to it. David and I both had sex with other people for the first time this weekend.

My encounter was planned and executed as I had hoped and expected. A hiking date, with "outdoor activities". It was exciting, foreign, pleasurable, exhilarating, strange and new. This isn't an erotica blog, so I'll spare you the gory details. There was a good level of kink, though, I will say that. And I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

On the other hand, David's encounter was completely unexpected. He hasn't really been pursuing much, and has been dealing with a fair amount of new jealousy feelings. We've been sort of working through them. I think he didn't expect me to act so quickly on a lot of things, and so when I did it caught him off guard. Also, he's never been that jealous of a partner, so it was a very new feeling for him.

So because of his feelings, I didn't expect him to go out and find someone this weekend. But that's just what he did. And, well, the whole thing didn't go so well, particularly for me. He wasn't immediately honest with me about what happened, while I've been honest and open the whole time. We had originally agreed that communication was key, but that just didn't happen. Also, I didn't get a text or call about whether or not he was coming home. We don't have a lot of rules, but that is one of them, and it was a rule he made. So I didn't like texting him at 3 am asking if he was coming home. Also, he decided to spend two nights in a row (Friday and Saturday) out with this woman, and while it wasn't a rule before, it certainly is now. I can deal with the jealousy of a new woman, but to have to deal with lies, jealousy and two nights home alone? I can't handle that. I was so upset by the time he came home Sunday morning I could hardly talk. But we did talk, because you have to. And I almost wanted to turn back, to take it all back. But I'm not going to, because while I was upset, I still feel like this is surprisingly bringing us closer.

And it's not all bad. We talked a lot, and really hashed out what went so wrong. He felt guilt, so he lied, even though he shouldn't have. I think that's pretty natural, just like jealousy is. We have new boundaries and rules now, and that makes me feel a lot more secure. We've both stumbled a little and I think that's completely natural. We knew it wouldn't be easy.

Also, it seems to have brought us closer, sexually speaking. I don't know if we both get off on the jealousy, or if we simply missed each other, but prior to all this our sex life was very blah. And now we're exploring new things together as well as apart. It feels really good to be so open, like I'm more open to the love we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment